Friday, November 20, 2009

Bichon Shih tzu mix has skin allergies?

I have him on a corn and wheat free dog food that has no artificial additives that was recommended for allergy prone dogs. I have also added Omega-3 to his diet daily. He has been on this for almost a week now and I was wondering how long before I can expect to see an improvement? Oh and our old vet had recommended Science Diet for years and I think that has been the root of his problem since the beginning.

Bichon Shih tzu mix has skin allergies?
You are doing the right thing. Science Diet is horrid and vets are trained by Hills Science Diet about nutrition, so they are basically brain washed.





Keep feeding your dog high quality corn and wheat free food. My Shih-Tzu was eating science diet and had allergies just like your dog. I switched to a holistic quality food with natural human grade ingredients and he was cured. I don't remember how long it took, but it will worked. He's 9 years old now and he's better than ever.
Reply:Most Science Diet food has a lot of corn in it, so yeah, that's the problem. It will take a few weeks before you see results. Shih Tzus are prone to skin allergies


No comments:

Post a Comment