Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Chihuahua's Nose Is Peeling On The Edges?

I noticed two little spots on my 1 1/2 year old Chi's nose today. I ran my finger across it and the little piece that was between it also came off like dry skin. It's peeling on the top of her snout where her nose meets her fur. It's light light pink underneath. We live in San Antonio, Texas so it's not too hot or cold right now and even when it is she's always inside. She's sat with me once or twice when I had a cigeratte on my balcony last week. I don't smoke except once or twice a month. She doesn't stay out in the sun, has a normal healthy diet. I haven't bathed her in about a month but even when I do bathe her, I don't scrub around her snout. I also have another Chi who is 13 and has bad allergies. Could my little Chi's nose be a sign of the beginnings of allergies? We do have some mold outside from the leaves falling and then being rained on a few months ago. Help?





-Not sunburnt


-Not frostbite


-Extremely rare to non-existent exposure to smoke


-Bathed once a month or so

My Chihuahua's Nose Is Peeling On The Edges?
Aww. Well if it doesn't seem to be bothering her that's a good thing. She's young and she could just be developing allergies. Keep an eye on it as any abrasion could possibly get infected, but otherwise leave it be unless it appears to get worse.





I bet your Chi's LOVE San Antonio--they do adore that warm weather!

amaryllis

No comments:

Post a Comment