Thursday, May 7, 2009

An Allergist in Seoul?

I'm having these crazy allergies, and I'm putting it down to food mixed with Yellow Sand, but I want to see an Allergist in Seoul to run all tests possible so I can eliminate whatever is driving me insane. It's all very well to go to the Skin Doctor, but they just give me some cream, but it doesn't actually get down to what's causing the problems.


Has anybody heard of a good allergist?


Also has anyone been brave enough to try out the 'Allergy Fish' at the JJimJilBang?... They are fish that supposedly eat your atopy.

An Allergist in Seoul?
Hi, kara nari! Long time no see!





I've kept your question in my personal watchlist for days now, whilst trying to find an answer. None of my colleagues know of any allergist in Seoul. I have been to the SDA Hospital and the Kyunghee Hospital in Hoegi-dong recently to get treatment for my daughter (she gets UV treatment for vitiligo), but the doctors I asked didn't offer any good advice on finding someone like that. Or maybe they just didn't understand what I was looking for. You know how it is.





I also suffer from allergies and most of them I can cure with regular medicine, but I got a nasty skin reaction last week. The dermatologist said that it was nothing serious, but that it was the cause of scrubbing too much when taking a bath. He said that because of the dry weather in the winter and other seasonal changes, I should refrain from scrubbing. He gave me some ointment and it took the rash away. And I stopped scrubbing. This helped more than the ointment, I think! He was right after all.





I haven't tried any of the things you mentioned. Something that eats ones atopy! I wouldn't even try that! I don't even know what my atopy is!





Anyways, if you wanna see a good dermatologist in Seoul, I suggest the ones at Kyunghee Hospital. There is a couple of them, but they are all world class. And if you don't wanna spend a lot of money, there's one near Hoegi Station. It's right next to the wedding hall. There is a dentist and a pediatrician in the same building.





Good Luck!
Reply:Hi Porgie~ Sorry I didn't get a chance to choose your answer


ㅠㅠ but I am really appreciative of your answer, thank you very much. I've been out of the city, and my skin seemed to clear up considerably... Again thanks, and all the best~ Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment